There is currently no cure for HIV but there are many treatments available to ensure most people with HIV live a normal, and otherwise healthy life.
We test for HIV through a blood test.
At 3fivetwo we provide a rapid, same day, HIV test including advice on treatment for HIV. Call us today on 0845 60 06 352 to book an appointment.
WHAT IS A STI?
A sexually transmitted infection is an infection that can be passed from one person to another through sexual intercourse (vaginal, anal or oral).
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF A STI?
- Genital lumps
- Genital sores or ulcers
- Itching in the pubic/genital area
- None of the above – many STI’S have no symptoms but can still be contagious and affect general health and fertility
- Penile or Vaginal discharge
WHEN SHOULD I HAVE AN STI SCREEN?
- If you have any of the symptoms listed above
- Before each new sexual relationship, if you have been previously sexually active
- You may need regular screening if you are high risk
WHAT DOES A SEXUAL HEALTH SCREEN INVOLVE?
- A consultation with our Private GP – consultations are 100% confidential
- Bloods – for HIV, syphilis, Hepatitis B and C if deemed appropriate by doctor
- Depending on your symptoms you may have swabs taken.
- Urine testing for chlamydia and gonorrhoea - these are the most common STIs
We can tailor individual packages or provide single tests if required. We also offer a range of common STI profiles.
If you are worried about a particular exposure and you have no symptoms, it is advisable to wait 28 days before you are screened.